Saturday, January 9, 2010

Packers Football Part 1


Ahhhh.....it feels good to be in the playoffs again doesn't it? One of the reasons I consider myself lucky to be from the great state of Wisconsin has to be the Green Bay Packers. Although one could make a case for the Yankees, there is absolutely no better sports franchise in America. I thought I would put a list together of reasons why I love the Packers.
1) Lambeau Field-Also known as the "Frozen Tundra", this is hallowed ground in sports. Legends going back to the early 1900s played on this field. Best venue in sports bar none. My first trip to Lambeau I nearly teared up when I saw the field through my own eyes. The fact that it is nestled among Green Bay neighborhoods makes it a stadium experience like no other.
2) Lombardi-No one name resonates with leadership and coaching as Vince Lombardi. He led the Packers the numerous World Championships as well as victories in SB I and II. Each year the NFL champion hoists the trophy that bears his name.
3) Fans-There is not one other major professional sports team that is owned strictly by the fans. NONE.

More to come tomorrow after a Packers win?

2 comments:

  1. I was screaming during pretty much the entire game and I will repeat "Insane!", not many other words can describe that game. We'll get'em next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes.
    So much for the win. Close but no cigar. What a depressing way to lose... with really nobody to blame other than perhaps the defense (from what I saw of the game).

    ReplyDelete